CBS have available a large range of couplings to suit various applications. From everyday couplings like HRC and Jaw to Omega equivalent Max Dynamic couplings.
Please download our Coupling catalogue for dimensional data and power ratings
The HRC Coupling is a proven performer, consisting of two cast iron flanges and a rubber element, which performs under compression.
The modular design allows for a simple fitting and easy maintenance whilst the rubber element absorbs shock loading and compensates for marginal misalignment.
CBS carries an excellent range of HRC Couplings in Pilot Bore and Taper Lock.
The Jaw Coupling is recognised across a large range of industries. The Jaw Coupling is highly resilient, it does not require any lubrication and can work in environments contaminated with oil, dirt, sand, moisture and grease.
The rubber insert is designed to absorb shock loading and does not allow for any metal on metal contact. The inserts are available as Spider Elements as well as Wrap Element Kits.
CBS stocks a range of jaw couplings in a variety of pre-bored and keyed sizes.
Universal Joint Couplings
We stock a range of Universal joints in D Type and HD Type, blank bores only; the blank bore allows for any bore diameter up to the recommended maximum.
• D Type: Multi-purpose industrial type, standard pin and block design.
• HD Type: The Heavy Duty model benefits from its strict compliance to engineering detail. The HD Type employs hardened yokes and pins to vastly improve the Universal Joints resistance to wear and shock loading. This attention to detail extends the life of the HD Type Universal Joint by up to two times, in comparison to that of the standard D Type.
The Chain Coupling consists of two sprockets joined together by standard duplex roller chain. This highly compact structure provides high flexibility between shafts, power transmission capabilities and is durable and robust.
Chain Couplings allow for easy maintenance, it is a simple easy on/easy off process.
Our Chain Couplings are supplied with casings standard.
Curved (Rotex®) Jaw Couplings
The curved jaw design has a radial curvature to the jaw face and both radial and axial curvature (crowning) to the spider element. This provides better torsional softness and an angular misalignment capability.
The curved jaw type coupling gives reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and internal combustion engine power transmission applications. Common applications for curved jaw type couplings include connecting power sources to pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers and fans, mixers, conveyors and generator sets.
Flexible Tyre Couplings
CBS stock a range of the highly flexible Tyre Couplings. Consisting of two flanges, the two halves are joined by a rubber tyre. The tyre itself is torsionally soft and flexible; this allows the Tyre Coupling to compensate for large amounts of shock loading and backlash, as well as both parallel and axial misalignment.
Compensates for misalignment, upto; 4° angular, 6mm parallel, 8mm axial. Torsional flexibility of up to 12°, at max. torque.
Cone Ring Couplings
Cone Ring Couplings are based on a time proven design. The coupling consists of two flanges interlocked with a number of elements, depending on the coupling size.
The Cone Rings Couplings unique flexible element comprises tapered rubber rings mounted on steel pins. The rubber rings absorb commonly encountered misalignment, shock and vibration.
The Cone Ring Coupling is as popular as ever for its ease of maintenance. No Lubrication is required. The Pin and Rubber design ensures trouble free maintenance, as they can be removed and changed without the need to take the coupling off the shafts.
The flanges are high-grade cast iron; the pins are hexagonal steel bar; and the rings are synthetic rubber.
Curved Tooth Gear Couplings (HRC®)
The Curved Tooth Gear Coupling consists of 2 geared hubs and a curved tooth nylon sleeve.
– Double-Section type curved-tooth gear coupling
– Widely applicable in various mechanical & hydraulic fields
– Nylon & steel matched, maintenance free
– Able to offset axial, radial & angular misalignments
– Axial plugging assembly, very convenient
Nylon Toothed Sleeve Characteristics: – Excellent Mechanical Performance
– High rigidity
– High temperature resistance (+100C)
– Not embrittled at low temperature – Good slippery & frictional behaviour
– Excellent electrical insulation behaviour
– Chemical corrosion endurable
– High Accuracy of processing
KCP Gear Coupling follows the international standards of AGMA and JIS, which easily allows to replace with major industrial products.
Our Gear coupling compensate angular misalignment, parallel misalignment and end float. The fully crowned hub teeth provide minimum loading stress, and ensure longer life.
– High torque, small size, long life and very little loss of transmitting power
– The concave-convex flange design allows easy assembly and the high quality gasket prevent leakage of lubricant.
– Gear Coupling permits parallel, angular misalignments and end floating by crown gear teeth.
– The coupling made of S45C has a good endurance to high speed and peak load.
– Customer’s requirements of special design can be acceptable.
– Heavy load, but compact design coupling
– Highs speed up to 5,000rpm (Depending on size, refer to the data)
– Low speed, but high starting torque
– End float application
– Spacer required, due to longer distance between shaft ends
– Low load and light weight application is not recommended
Max Dynamic Couplings (Omega® Equivalent)
1. Facility protection for twirl and twist, impact and abrasion
2. Very simple replacement and maintenance without oil and grease
3. Very simple replacement without the separation of motor or connector on the related line due to it’s simple structure
4. Possible for the dissimilar connection and assembling with same hub
5. Polyurethane based for having good water resistance, chemical resistance
6. Highest flexible elasticity on run
7. Less noiseApplication
– Cranes and Hoists
– Brewery and Distilling
– Food Industry
– Lumber Industry
– Pulp and Paper Mill
– Rubber Industry
– Textile Mills
– Aggregate Processing Cement
Taper Grid Couplings
You can get more favorable convenience and reduce costs by using KCP Taper Grid Steel Flexible Couplings.
■ PARALLEL MISALIGNMENT
The movement of the grid in the lubricated grooves accommodates
parallel missalignment and permits full functioning
of the grid-groove action in damping out shock and
■ ANGULAR MISALIGNMENT
Under angular misalignment, the grid-groove design permits
a rocking and sliding action of the lubricated grid and hubs
without any loss of power through the resilient grid
■ END FLOAT
Unrestrained end float of driving and driven members is
permitted because the grid slides freely in the lubricated
■ TORSIONAL FLEXIBILITY
Torsional flexibility is the advantage of KCP Taper Grid
Couplings, providing flexible accommodation to changing
1. When overload occurs, grid breaks and prevents breaking shaft or machinery parts connected
2. When the parallel misalignment is too severe, the relating machine is protected by the virtue of shearing Grid on Tooth.
3. The life of parts (Mechanical Seal and Bearing, etc) can be extended by more than double
4. Quick installation and easy maintenance reduce labor cost and down-time costs
5. KCP Grid coupling is interchangeable with international major brands
6. It always transmits the power fully (100%) in low noise
7. You can use it as cheaper maintenance cost by changing damaged parts only
Pin-Bush Flange coupling and Chain Couplings have usually been used, but now using the KCP TAPER GRID COUPLINGS, you will get many benefits
1. When required to reduce vibration and shock load
2. When required adequate power transmission under line misalignment
3. When required adequate power transmission under angular misalignment
4. When required adequate power transmission under end floating
5. When required to prevent breaking of the machinery parts under over load
6. When reverse revolution is required
7. When required smooth starting
Method of Selection
Taper Grid Couplings Range
Dimensions – Horizontal
Dimensions – Vertical
Soft Start & Mechanical Fluid Couplings with capacities up to 1200kW